Inheritance of a Mentally Retarded Person
Economic Issues
Question asked by .
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Saleem

Does a mentally retarded boy deserve the same share of his fathers property as a normal person ?


Yes he should be given the same share. However, this will be given in the custody of his guardian. He can spend on the upkeep of the handicapped person and if that person is in the financial dependence of the guardian, then he can also take out his own expenses from the share according to the good conventions of the society.


For Questions on Islam, please use our