Following are some of the important guidelines
Islam gives to the makers of foreign policy of a Muslim country:
1. No aggression should be launched against a non-Muslim
country to forcibly make it accept Islam or to annex it.
2. All contracts with various countries must be honoured in
all circumstances – unless of course the other country breaks or revises them.
3. War can only be declared on another country, whether
Muslim or non-Muslim, if that country is guilty of oppression and tyranny and
diplomatic talks fail. Here again war does not become obligatory; it merely
4. Friendly ties should be initiated with all countries of
the world whatever their religion.
5. The enmity of any country should not stop a Muslim
country from being fair and just towards that country.